Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have multiple active Notification Bars on my website?
Yes, you can. If you have multiple active notification bars on your website, the plugin will go through to following order to display the correct one to your visitors:
- detect the visitor's device (desktop or mobile)
- check the referrer information (is a user came from Facebook, Google)
- check the parameters in the URL to identify unique sources
- check if the notification bar is allowed to be visible on the page the user visited
- check if the user closed the notification bar previously
If multiple notification bars match all the criteria checked above, the plugin will display the one that is the newest.
The notification bar is not showing up on my website. What could be the problem?
If you can't see your notification bar on your website, check the following things:
- make sure that your notification bar is active and the "visible from" and "visible to" dates are correct
- check that the notification bar is allowed to be displayed on desktop or mobile
- check the targeting options of your notification bar (display for every visitor or only to those who came from a specific source)
- if you are targeting your notification bar to visitors who came from a specific source make sure that you test it with the right parameters or by visiting your website from the defined source
- check if you selected to keep the notification bar hidden after someone closed it
If all of these settings seem to be fine, it's also possible that your notification bar is not compatible with your theme. Feel free to get in touch if you experience an issue like that.
Do I have to buy the plugin again once a new version becomes available?
No. After you purchased the plugin, you'll get the updates for free.
How can I update the plugin?
When a new version of the plugin becomes available, you'll see a notification about it at the administration area of your WordPress site. Then, you can update it the same way you do with other plugins. Make sure you create a backup of your files and database before the update. If you have any troubles during the update, feel free to get in touch.
On how many sites can I use the plugin?
You are licensed to use the plugin to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”). If you want to use it on multiple sites, you'll have to purchase an other license for each site.
Can I modify the source of the plugin?
Yes, you can, but every time there is an update for the plugin, your modifications will be overwritten.
Is Smart Notification Bar working on mobile?
Yes. The plugin was built with a mobile first approach and is working perfectly both on desktop and mobile devices.
Is Smart Notification Bar AdBlock safe?
Yes. All parts of your notification bars are AdBlock safe.
Is Smart Notification Bar GDPR ready?
Yes. The plugin is not collecting any user information and only using cookies that are essential to make it work properly.
What happens if I remove the plugin from my site?
If you remove the plugin from your site, all notification bars will be removed from the database right after you removed the plugin so none of them will show up on your site anymore.
I accidentally deleted the plugin. Can I restore the notificaiton bars somehow?
If you have a backup from your database you can try to revert your site to the state where the plugin was still installed. If you don't have a backup, get in touch with your hosting provider, they probably have a security backup.
I accidentally deleted a notification bar. Can I restore it somehow?
No, the notification bar and its settings got removed from the database when you confirmed the delete request.
Can I change the design of the notification bar?
Yes, you have several options to change the look and feel of your notification bar.
I purchased the plugin but I realized I won't need it. Can I get a refund?
Sure, if you request a refund within 7 days to the purchase. Send us an email to email@example.com with your refund request and the details of your purchase.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch via chat (bottom right corner) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.